A landlord / landlord’s agent / leasing agent / property manager requires preparing Arizona Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form and handing over the same to a tenant for any property built on or prior to the year 1978. This disclosure and the EPA pamphlet offer information about hazards upon the exposure to paint-based lead commonly available in paint dust or chips during renovation or repainting. The EPA pamphlet Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home has vital information. In addition, a resale of such a house must comply with the requirements specified in Residential Resale Lead-Based Paint Hazard 1992. Please prepare this form with the due consideration of
- The landlord must provide accurate information about the presence of lead based paint in the home in the requested fields and sign in conformity.
- The landlord must provide accurate information about availability of reports and other supporting documents and sign in conformity.
- The tenant must acknowledge the receipt of the disclosure and EPA pamphlet by signing the form.
- All parties must date and sign the Certificate of Accuracy part of the disclosure.
How To Prepare Arizona Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form
This instrument requests input from a landlord, tenant, and agent or property manager if any. Therefore, it is very essential that all parties prepare it together. Please provide following requested information and sign when needed.
- Detailed property address on the foremost line of the form
- Disclosure By A Landlord – Landlord must select choices between A1 or A2 by marking the correct box and sign the form in agreement. Similarly, a landlord must select between option B1 or B2 and sign the form in conformity. The landlord must sign the acknowledgement.
- Acknowledgement By A Tenant – A tenant must sign in the space in option D and E in conformity to receiving copies of the disclosure and EPA pamphlet
- Acknowledgement By Agent/Property Manager – The property manager or an agent must sign the form in acknowledgement
- The landlord, tenant, and agent, property manager, or leasing agent must date and sign the disclosure in agreement with the certification of accuracy.