A Pre-Tenancy Application Form is a handy tool for a landlord as well as a proposed tenant. Please remember that the applicant or the proposed tenant may need to remit a non-refundable fee for processing the application. The applicant in addition, grants permission to landlord or landlord’s agent to run a credit check and verify the information on the form. A landlord must
- Process the application in an expedited manner and convey the conclusion to the applicant in the timely manner.
- Refund security deposit to the applicant upon the rejection of the application if any.
- Keep the information confidential and use the content in the form only for verification purpose pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
Similarly, the applicant must
- Provide accurate information in all requested fields.
- Date and sign the application form to grant consent to the landlord to verify the particulars.
- Pay non-refundable processing fee, if any, to the landlord.
This rental application form offers a win-win situation for both parties. It is a decisive tool to determine the creditworthiness of a proposed tenant. Similarly, a proposed tenant can establish goodwill by providing truthful information. Evaluation using this form certainly leads to a healthy and strong relationship between both parties.
7 Steps To Fill Pre-Tenancy Application Form
Pre-tenancy application is easy to prepare. The applicant requires providing following requested personal and financial information.
- Step 1: Enter property address and the date of tenancy commencement
- Step 2: Enter personal information about applicant like name, date of birth, phone numbers, email address, present address, duration of stay, and reason for leaving
- Step 3: Enter particulars of photo identification like driver’s license number, version number if any, vehicle registration number, model and make, and any other form of identification for identity verification and credit check
- Step 4: Enter emergency contact information like name, address, phone number, and email address of the person
- Step 5: Enter particulars about present landlord like name, phone numbers, email address, and permission for contact
- Step 6: Please enter information about two personal references like name, phone number, and email address
- Step 7: Date and sign the form